Application descriptor reference¶
The Application descriptor file is an XML document that describes an Application workflow (see Application workflow). With it you can define in a structured way, the steps needed by your application to:
- provide a service interface (based on the OGC WPS standard);
- discover and download input data;
- process data, producing intermediate and final results;
- trigger remote web processing services;
- publish result files.
The application descriptor is an XML file available in $_CIOP_APPLICATION_PATH/application.xml
the value $_CIOP_APPLICATION_PATH is /application
The application descriptor structure consists of two separate sections:
The first part defines the job templates that are then instantiated as workflow steps of the Directed Acyclic Graph.
Each job template contains:
- the path to the streaming executable
- parameters and optionally their allowed and default values
- properties (e.g. maximum number of tasks, processing timeout, etc.)
The second part contains the workflow steps, here called “nodes”.
Each node can contain:
- the source for the inputs (e.g. a previous node, a catalogue series, a local file or a list of values)
- their parameter values to override the default parameters (defined in the job template above)